Saturday, May 19, 2012

Glucose screening

I had my one hour glucose screening yesterday.  I don't know if I passed yet, but I am really hoping I did.  I had a bad sugar crash with it this time...so bad that I couldn't even think of the appropriate responses to customers' questions at work.  But, I had no sugar or carbs the day before, just protein and vegetables, and I didn't eat anything before I went, so I failed, there was nothing else I could do.

I am also broke out in a terrible rash on my left side...very itchy and annoying.  Dr. H said to just use hydro-cortisone cream or to take Benadryl if I was really miserable.  The cream helps for an hour or so, and then it itches like crazy again.I'm also having very painful contractions off and on.  I asked about that, too, and he said it was normal.  I don't remember doing that last time, so I'm hoping it means maybe my body will be more ready for labor this go-around.  12 weeks to go and appointments every two weeks now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment